Saturday, July 16, 2011

Memory Lane

This picture shows you how little addie was on her first trip to Lubbock. It was the beginning of October! So she was about 6ish weeks old.



Visiting papa in his office. No, I didn't take her there unclothed. She had just gotten her diaper changed and papa wanted to hold her before I got her clothes back on :)


This looks like a little girl who is enjoying the luxury of the "suite life" at a Tech football game!



It's time for bed....Addie loved Nana reading bedtime stories.




MMMMMMM......Nana bought cupcakes! This is one of my all time favorite pics of Addison!!



First it was Kellen, then it was Addie. What is it about this green bucket. It always found its way on top of the kids head. Goof Balls




Hey Bucket Head, can you even see chief??



Nana's pantry was famous for goodies perfect for a little grandkid!




Little Missy was a perfect little shadow for papa's outdoor chores!!




Of course, going for a stroll in the back yard in Nana's shoes


Miss piggy tails eating one of Nana's yummy meals



What would a trip to lubbock be with out helping papa make his special chocolate chip cookies!!



Well...every good thing must come to an end. What a ride Lubbock has given our family! First it was dad. Then it was Dad, and I. Next came mom. Then it was Mom, Dad, and Brendan. Two of us managed to call Texas home while the other two can still say home is where your mom and dad are. I know for all of us coming to the house truely felt like "home sweet home"! Mac Davis wrote the song "Texas in my rear view mirror". It was about leaving lubbock, tx to go live his dream and sang the chorus of Lubbock in my rear view mirror. I know leaving is a good thing! Tyler will bring lots of new memories!! Recently I learned of something else about Mac Davis. He wrote another song called "Stop and Smell the Roses". Well folks, Tyler just so happens to be the rose capital of the world. So....I know what I'll be doing when I visit. Taking time to stop and smell the roses and truely appreciate what God has given our family...the gift of Love, Laughter, and a family who is always there for each other!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely memories you have of Lubbuck Meg. Somehow this "Memory Lane" and also Jordan's Memory should somehow make it into the "Paper" in Lubbuck. The people of Lubbuck would
really enjoy the wonderful things you have to say about THERE town.

Marie-Eve said...

Adorable ! Don't they grow up wayyyy to fast !
My Blog - A Pretty Nest